dissertation writing services UK will discuss the major difficulties which are faced by the ex-convicts to find employment.
- Nowadays, companies are overly selective. Moreover, the job markets are also changed. The companies are trying to find such employees who can provide immediate value to their firm. On the other hand, if a person has a label of an ex-convict, companies consider that he/she can harm their firms and they try to ignore these kinds of employees.
- In 2019, companies have devised a new technique to hire employees. This technique is known as an applicant tracking system. This applicant tracking system work on the recruitment of specific needs. Moreover, this system also assesses the qualification, experience, skills and behaviour of an applicant before hiring it. As the behaviour of ex-convicts is considered rude or offence, therefore, an applicant tracking system ignores such kind of resumes.
- It is also a fact that after spending some time as a prisoner, there will be a specific gap in employment history. The gap in the employment history can also become a cause of rejection of a resume. Moreover, when the ex-convicts provide an explanation about this gap, the companies never try to hire such a person who was sent to jail due to some guilty acts.
- Before hiring for a job, the employers take an interview from the candidate. In this interview, it is necessary for a candidate to show full confidence. Most of the ex-convicts are not able to show enough confidence before the employers. As a result, they are ignored by employers. Its reason is that due to a tag of ex-convicts, they lose their confidence level.
- It is a fact that almost all firms try to hire young people. After spending 10 to 20 years in jail, a person is considered over-aged. Therefore, most of the companies don’t hire him due to his overage.
- Nowadays, if you have a strong referral, it is easy for you to get a job opportunity. While hiring the recommended candidate of a referral, the employers get a full guarantee about him from the referral and the referral is responsible for his behaviour. In the case of ex-convicts, no one can dare to provide their guarantee. As a result, they are also ignored by employers.
- Most of the ex-convicts don’t have clear career goals. This thing can also become a cause of rejection of their resume.
- In order to get a job opportunity, it is necessary for a candidate to follow the application process. Due to the guilty acts, the ex-convicts are not able to follow the application process.